Emeryville Amy

This blog will be a combination of my favorite places in the Bay Area and abroad, memoirs, recipes, restaurant reviews and travel experiences.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Emeryville, San Francisco Bay Area, CA, United States

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Reading

I have always loved to read. I can't imagine my life without books. I don't leave home for even a weekend without at least 3 books with me because I am afraid of running out of reading material. I will have plenty of time to read on the trains; my only problem is that I am traveling light and can only take so many with me. I plan to read and discard/trade books as I go. Luckily, I am sure there will be plenty of bookstores wherever I stay. I am posting a list of most of the books that I have read in the past 2 years. If you have any questions about them or want to give or receive suggestions, feel free to write me an email at emeryvilleamy@gmail.com

Some books that I have read in 2004-2005

Reading Lolita in Tehran, Azar Nafisi
Bold Spirit, Linda Hunt
Learning, Richard Dry
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress,
The #1 Ladies Detective Agency
Three Junes
The Magnificient Ambersons, Booth Tarkington
The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Blue Diary, Alice Hoffman
Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sedaris
Holy Fools, Joanne Harris
A Beautiful Mind, Sylvia Nasar
A Fine Balance, Amitav Ghosh
Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugerides
Highflyer, Susan Howatch
Tricky Business, Dave Barry
The Glass Palace, Amitav Ghosh
French Toast, Harriet Rochefort
The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown
Morgan's Run, Colleen McCoullough
The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Albom
Coastliners, Joanne Harris
The Rule of Four, Ian Caldwell
The Epicure's Lament, Kate Crenshaw
The Lord's of Discipline, Pat Conroy
The Coma, Alex Garland
Tender at the Bone, Ruth Reichl
Father Joe, Tony Hendra
Pompeii
The Piano Tuner, Daniel Mason
The Necklace, Guy de Maupassant
Bone in the Throat, Anthony Bourdain
Atonement, ian McEwan
Bastard out of Carolina, Dorothy Allison
The Magician's Assistant, Ann Patchett
Body and Soul, Frank Conroy
The Box Garden, Carol Shields
The Confessions of Max Tivoli, Andrew Sean Greer
The Sweet Potato Queens Field Guide to Men, Jill Browne
The Treasure of Montsegur, Sophy Burnham
The Time Traveller's Wife, Audrey Niffenlger
Hitler's Niece, Ron Hansen
Time Expired, Susuan Dunlap
Olivia Jules and the Overactive Imagination, Helen Fielding
To KIll a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
Queen of Dreams, Chitrs Divakarumi
The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green
The Book of Joe, Jonathan Trupper
The Kite Runner
The Devil Wears Prada
The Job
On Paradise Drive
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
Prey, Michael Chrighton
How to be Good, Nick honrby
The Book of Eight
Death Comes to the Archbishop, Willa Cather
The Paradox of Choice, Barry Schwartz
Beach Music, pat Conroy
Things You Get For Free, Michael Mc Greir
Portnoy's Complaint, Philip Roth
The Human Stain, Philip Roth
Seabiscuit, laura Hillenbrand
Angle of Repose, Wallace Stegnar
Crossing to Safety, Wallace Stegnar
Bel Canto, Ann Patchett
The Blind Assasin, Margaret Atwood
What Should I do With My Life, po Bronson
The Frog Prince, Jane Porter
Bergdorff Blondes, Plum Sykes
Garlic and Saffires, Ruth Reichl
1776, David McCollough
My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult
The Pact, Jodi Picoult
The Heart of the Sun, Louis D. Rubin, Jr.
Dress Your Family in Courdoroy and Denim, David Sedaris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home