Emeryville Amy

This blog will be a combination of my favorite places in the Bay Area and abroad, memoirs, recipes, restaurant reviews and travel experiences.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Emeryville, San Francisco Bay Area, CA, United States

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Chocolate Ginger Cookies

Hi!

I said that I would do a recipe a week, so here goes. I am making these fabulous cookies for work this week which means I will be making about 600. I will give the recipe for about 2 dozen. I have some friends who make the dough, scoop it into balls, quickly freeze on a cookie tray and then throw them into a ziploc bag so they can cook them up fresh whenever they want.

Chocolate Ginger Cookies

7 oz good semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 c molasses
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons boiling water

1/4 c granulated sugar

Directions:
1. Grease or line with parchment paper 2 cookie trays and turn oven to 325.
2. Whisk together flour, spices and cocoa.
3. In a mixer beat together butter and grated ginger until lightened, about 4 minutes
4. Add brown sugar, beat to combine. Add molasses, beat to combine.
5. In a small bowl mix the baking soda and boiling water.
6. Add half the flour mix into the batter. Add the baking soda mix. Beat. Add the rest of the flour, beat.
7. Mix in chocolate chips.
8. Using a small ice cream scoop or two dinner spoons scoop into about 2 dozen balls.
9. Roll balls in sugar, put on the prepared pans and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass or jar.
10. Bake at 325 for 12 minutes, until the surfaces crack slightly .Let cool.


I would recommend doubly the recipe and freezing half as I described above.

Hope you enjoy!

Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home